Statement of Faith
DOCTRINAL BASIS OF GRACE BAPTIST PARTNERSHIP
- We believe in the one true and living God, in three Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, who is invisible, personal, omnipresent, eternal, dependent on none, unchanging, truthful, trustworthy, almighty, sovereign, omniscient, righteous, holy, good, loving, merciful, long-suffering and gracious and the Creator of all things.
- We believe that Almighty God in His great goodness has revealed all that is necessary to life and salvation in the sixty-six books of Holy Scripture which are the Word of God. All Scripture was given by inspiration of God, is infallible and inerrant, and is sufficient in all matters of faith and practice. Its authority is derived from its Author and not from the opinions of men.
- We believe that God made our first father Adam perfect, holy and upright. He was appointed representative and head of the human race thereby exposing all his offspring to the effects of his obedience and disobedience to God’s commands.
- We believe that Adam fell from his original righteousness into sin and brought upon himself and all his offspring death, condemnation and sinful nature.
- We believe it is utterly beyond the power of fallen man to know God, to love Him, to keep His laws, to believe the Gospel, to repent of sin or trust in Christ.
- We believe that God, before the foundation of the world, for His own glory did elect an innumerable host of men and women to eternal life as an act of free and sovereign grace. This election was in no way dependent upon His foresight of human faith, decision, works or merit.
- We believe that God so loved lost sinners that He sent His Son into the world, conceived of the virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit, unchangeably sinless, both God and man, born under the Law to live a perfect life.
- We believe that God’s Son died at Calvary to effect propitiation, reconciliation, redemption and atonement for His elect people. God bore testimony to His acceptance of His Son’s work by raising Him from the dead for our justification.
- We believe that God’s Son ascended to the right hand of His Father and is enthroned in glory, where He intercedes on behalf of His people and rules over all things for their sake.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit has been sent from heaven to glorify Christ and to apply His work of salvation. By the mystery of His all-powerful work those dead in sin are brought into spiritual life. They hear the call of God through His Word and are given the desire and ability to repent of sin and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord. The Holy Spirit indwells all believers, brings assurance of salvation and produces increasing likeness to Christ. He builds up the Church and empowers its members for worship, service and mission.
- We believe the elect, who are called by grace, are justified in the sight of God on account of the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ which is received by faith alone.
- We believe that such as are regenerated, called and justified shall persevere in holiness and enter into the joys of heaven.
- We believe in the necessity of baptism by immersion, on a profession of repentance and faith in order to enter into Church membership. We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a privilege of Church membership to be administered under the discipline of the local Church.
- We believe that the local Church is under the authority of Christ alone. The unity of the body of Christ is expressed within and between churches by mutual love, care and encouragement. True fellowship between churches exists only where they are faithful to the Gospel.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ shall come again to judge all people, to raise the dead, both righteous and unrighteous, and that the righteous shall be glorified and enjoy everlasting life and the wicked endure everlasting punishment.
- We believe in Church based mission – that it is the responsibility and privilege of the local Church to be obedient to Christ’s Commission to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all mankind, seeking to disciple and baptise believers, establishing them into local churches.